Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just Shy of Day 42

Chico has had a rough couple of days and has been on bed rest.  Luckily he has been sleeping a lot but when he isn't asleep he has a lot of pain.  And it must be lonely.  He doesn't complain. 

The great news is that we are planning for a release date of  October 9.  I'm headed down tomorrow to learn how we handle this transition.  These bits of news were obviously the fuel Chico needed today...In addition to outstanding care at Albany Med.  I'll miss that place, those people and those city streets.  Chico will miss the people, I don't know what else.  It may become our vacation destination.  We'll be visiting doctors frequently, and hey, we may not be ready for a longer trip for quite some time. 

It has been, on the whole, a grounding experience to spend this week at work.  The Monkton School Community has been incredibly generous with and supportive of me.  I love that the staff always welcomes me and expects me to be competent in my work as they are in theirs.  The work with staff and community is both exciting and challenging.  The work with kids feels like home.

We have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment