Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Toddler No More

Remember when I used to liken Chico to a toddler for his unexpected sprees out of my immediate vacinity?  And remember last night's post?  Didn't I say 'bed rest'?

Today Chico had planned to take the bus to Middlebury again.  Ok, so before I left for work I tried to pursuade him to take two crutches to walk down to the town green.  Nope, one would do it. 

Work ran kind of late and I barely got a call in to Chico around 5:00.  Everything sounded ok.  Ordinary.

I get home to find him in a chair beckoning me to sit down too.  (Just like December-January.)

"Why don't you try out that chair?"  I sit down. "So I took two crutches down town today."
"You did?  Really?  That's great!  Thank you!"
"But I missed the bus at the park so I hitch hiked." 

I thought he was joking.  He wasn't.

Clearly we've moved into adolescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment